Of all the places in the world, why visit an Art Colony in Skagway, Alaska?
Skagway is a charming little port town with lost of interesting things to do on your visit. Skagway is also the gateway to Klondike – the rest of the remote and stunning North. With access to the ocean, the movement of a powerful river, and road into the White Pass, this town is full of personality. It is calling out to creative people everywhere, “Come here! Experience my beauty. Create!” Alaska’s natural landscape inspires us to go beyond the limitations of the human mind – and there is no better place from which to experience art.
From the many things to do you have to choose from, here are our top 5 suggestions that includes many different experiential art forms:
- Visit the Alaska Art Colony while you are in Skagway and experience a wide variety of creative and fun things to do.
- After that you may want to check out the Corrington Museum of Alaskan History. This exhibit is a work of art in itself with meticulously crafted story telling of Skagway’s history.
- The Jewell Gardens is a lovely place to visit celebrating Skagway, Alaska as the Garden City. There are lots of fun and artsy things to do on your visit to the gardens, such as glass blowing!
- The Days of 98 Show is an awesome way to see some local history and entertaining theatre.
- Be sure the visit the Skagway Arts Council website to see what other artsy things may be happening in town during your visit.