ANNOUNCEMENT: Alaskan Native Artist In Residence Program 2015
(Open To All Transnational Alaskan Tribes/First Nations)
It is a main principle of the Alaska Art Colony (AAC) that Native Art should be celebrated and supported.
In order to support this principle, the AAC has created the first paid Native Artist in Residency program in Alaska. One Alaskan Native Artist per season is selected to participate. It is the AAC goal to develop this artist throughout the season (May to September) so that he or she can continue to earn an income as an artist even after the residency has ended.
The Residency includes the following:
- Mentorship by Artist/Muralist Clayton Conner to further develop artistic skills
- Development of a signature style that is traditionally themed
- Full time pay at $12.00 US per hour to create art for 30 to 40 hours per week via live demos at the Art Colony
- 100 % proceeds of the sale of his or her own work at the Colony
- An online portfolio on the AAC website
Requirements to apply:
- Every medium is welcome, but we do ask that the topic of the art be traditionally themed or relevant to Native Culture
- The artist must have at least 3 year experience in the arts
- The artist must submit at least 10 digital photos of his or her work
- The artist must be able to pass a drug test
- The artist must be able to pass a criminal background check
- You are required to live in Skagway, Alaska from May 1st 2015 to September 30th 2015
The AAC reserves the right to reproduce the work and to use a bio and pictures of work in the gallery of the website.
Please Note: Housing is not provided at this time, but in the works!